Welcome to Qiita’s documentation!¶
Qiita (canonically pronounced cheetah) is a software package intended for analysis and administration of multi-omics datasets.
Qiita provides a free and open platform for users to:
Easily share and reuse existing data-sets in the form of studies.
Perform analyses (by combining one or more studies/data-sets) using published and unpublished data that meet the standards as described by this documentation.
Easily interface with the EBI repository for automated deposition. Query and interact with Qiita data programmatically.
Beginner’s Guides: The latests tutorials can be found in: CMI Qiita/GNPS workshop pages.
Looking for information about getting started? Please see the document here:
- Getting Started Guide
- Creating an Account
- Creating a Study
- Creating and Working With Sample information
- Attaching the Sample Information to the Study
- Creating and Working With Preparation information
- Attaching Preparation Information to the Study
- Qiita Philosophy
Looking for information about how to process your data? Please see the document here:
- Processing Data
- Processing Network Page
- Processing Recommendations
- Processing recommendations
- Converting Data to BIOM Tables
- Closed-Reference OTU Picking
Looking for information about submitting your files to EBI? Please see the document here:
Looking for comparable studies? Please see the document here:
Looking for information about analyzing your data? Please see the document here:
- Analyzing Samples
- Qiita now uses QIIME2 plugins for analysis.
- Creating A New Analysis
- Single vs. Meta Analysis
- Processing Network Page: Commands
- Processing Network Page: Results
Interested in how you can access and use public data available on Qiita? Please see the document here:
- Introduction to the download and (re)analysis of public data from Qiita
- Retrieving Public Data for Own Analysis
- Set up
- Introduction to the example data
- Retrieving Data
- Commands to retrieve data
- Processing Public Data Retrieved with redbiom
- Statistical Analysis to Justify Clinical Trial Sample Size Tutorial
Looking for available guides? Please see these documents:
- Qiita Guides
- Study and analysis sharing
- No raw sequences
- Join paired end reads
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Qiita data disclaimer
- What kind of data can I upload to Qiita for processing?
- What’s the difference between a sample and a prep information file?
- How should I split my samples within preparations?
- Example study processing workflow
- How to solve download or unzip errors?
- Do you have specific Qiita questions?
- Do you have general analytical questions?
- Do you have Meta-Analysis questions?
- How to solve BIOM name errors?
- What’s a Qiita Artifact?
- How to convert Qiita files to QIIME2 artifacts?
- How to add extra files to a Qiita study?
- Where’s my QIIME1 mapping file?
- I want to transfer a lot of files to Qiita, is there an easy way?
- How do I update the sample or preparation file?
- When do I need the run_prefix in my preparation information file?
- How to cite Qiita?
- Downloading From Qiita
- Downloading All Public Data in BIOM format
- Download Processed Data
- Download Analyzed Data
- Access a public study or artifact without login
- Access non-public artifacts without a login
- Download metadata, raw or all BIOM files from a study
- Finding Samples Based On Their Metadata
- Moving Your Analysis From Qiita to QIIME2
If you intend to deploy or develop Qiita we recommend that you have a look at the following documents:
- Administrator Tutorials
- Developer Tutorials